September 01, 2014

TV-shows

Friends
This may not come as a surprise, but the Friends series was, is and always will be my favorite tv show by far. I've seen it so many times that I know exactly what happens in the next scene and what they're gonna say next. Some of you might judge me, but this tv show has been my number 1 comfort whenever I needed some time to relax, to be comforted or entertained. It always gets me in a better mood, no matter how many times I've seen it (and I've probably seen each episode at least 30 times). The show always helps me get in a better mood when I'm sick, and the lines get me laughing every single time I watch it. From Joey's slow perception of almost everything and his ability to score ladies with his 'how you doing' to Chandler's epic sarcastic humor to Ross' passion for dinosaurs but still finding himself in less than clever situations such as his tan-incident and his constant love for marriage, and of course, for Rachel.


Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Okay, this might not be my favorite show right now, but I was addicted to this show when I was younger. I always dreamed about being Buffy (played by Sarah Michele Gellar) because she was so cool and could kick any boys' ass (along with hundreds of vampires of course). As corny as it sounds, it helped me believe in girl-power. And it didn't help when Angel (David Boreanaz) came into the picture. This was probably the first guy I ever found myself being attractive to in my early age and I've always rooted for Angel and Buffy to find their way to eternal happiness together.

The O.C. (Orange County)
This was the first more serious teen series that I fell in love with. While many others loved 'Marissa Cooper' (Mischa Barton) I was more of a 'Summer Roberts' (Rachel Bilson) fan. I've always found Marissa as this annoying little brat who always got what she wanted, which is why I found Summer much more appealing. Even though she started out as a bitch, I loved her for embracing it. Throughout the series Summer was the one I could relate more to and she was just so cute and stylish, which made me appreciate her even more. Especially her relationship with the cutest guy ever, Seth Cohen (Adam Brody). She was my idol and the one who inspired me in terms of fashion. 
The show in general helped me develop my fashion style as well as my taste in music. I remember I had to download almost every single song they played in the show and it was because of them that I discovered bands such as The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, The Perishers and Snow Patrol (some of the greatest bands on earth!).

One Tree Hill
This show started a month after The O.C., and was besides The O.C., my favorite teen drama at that time. The idea of basket (I'm a huge basketball fan) being the core plot was what attracted me. Other than that, Chad Michael Murray was really a hottie when the show first started out. The show helped me understand relationships and its complexity. I loved how Brooke Davis (Sophia Bush) was a slut but became more down to earth because of Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray). However much I loved the show, I never finished it. After the mess between Sophia Bush and Chad Michael Murray I started to loose interest from the 4th season and finally stopped watching the show by its 6th season as the plot just became weird... People tell me that the final season is good, but I've never been bothered to watch it. I've been a team Sophia ever since her split between her and Chad Michael Murray and been rooting for her to be in good tv shows or movies after the ending of One Tree Hill, which is why I'm planning on starting to watch Chicago P.D. a new show starring Sophia Bush.
Similar to The O.C., One Tree Hill also played great music in the show and had me download every single song that was played in the show. The show introduced me to artists such as Gavin DeGraw, Jimmy Eat World, Keane and not to forget, Band of Horses (my all time favorite band!).

Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl was the 'descendent' of The O.C. It reminded me of The O.C. based in New York but even more glamorous in terms of fashion and lifestyle overall, which made it even more appealing since I've always loved New York. Living in Copenhagen you get an idea of how the high school life in New York would be like and because of shows like these you kinda feel like you live in that scene and since I was in high school at that time, it was very easy to relate to (although it was never as extreme as the things that happened in the show). Again, I honestly didn't really like the actual main character, Serena van der Woodsen played by Blake Lively as she annoyed me as much, if not even more, as Marissa Cooper did in The O.C.. As beautiful as Serena was, I was more intrigued by the queen B, Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and the relationship she had with Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). However, the plot of the show wasn't the most intriguing things in the series, rather it was the clothes and the glamorous lives they all were living. The fashion style etc. further helped me develop mine and opened my eyes for luxury brands such as Chanel, Dior, Louboutin etc. and let's not forget the music that were played! I started watching Gossip Girl because it was the same music director (or something like that) as the one in The O.C. and the music did not disappoint! From The Bravery, to The Kooks to Oppenheimer, it was every bit as good as I had hoped.

How I Met Your Mother
This tv show has no real apparent meaning for me, but I've always loved Barney and Robin. They were pretty much the glue that held the show together for me and the stories usually always makes me laugh. The last season was a bit... Too long for me considering everything, but during the seasons the characters have had some cool story lines but especially Barney's pick up lines, the playbook, the bro-code has been the thing that everyone remembers now that the show has ended. The pick up lines especially has been a thing that most guys have tried on their night out. Most of my guy-friends have all tried the 'have you met ___' and apparently it really is a pretty good conversation starter. My friends ever ended up with the girl they used the line on, but it damn sure gave us something to laugh about.


Once Upon A Time
This is actually not a favorite show, although it truly is good. I love the whole story of fairytales coming true. It reminds of my childhood when I was constantly watching Disney movies or when my parents would read bedtime fairytale stories to me. The fairytales have always given me hope to believe in myself and believe in the things that I want, which is what this tv show reminds me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment